This module is designed to educate GPs on how to assess patients with hepatitis C prior to initiating treatment and assist with the selection of an appropriate direct-acting antiviral (DAA) agent.
It consists of two components:
- Pre-reading: knowledge of direct-acting antiviral agents (DAAs) and their use in primary care.
- Interactive online learning module: review of core knowledge and case-based application.
It is recommended that you complete and download the pre-reading prior to attempting the interactive online module. You will be able to access the pre-reading as you complete the online module. Please note that the online learning module needs to be completed in one session (you are not able to save and complete the module at a later time).
Together the two components of this module will take approximately one hour to complete. Upon completion, you will be allocated two RACGP points. When you register please provide your RACGP number for reporting. You will receive your certificate via email within 14 days of completing this module.
Dr Anita Munoz, MBBS (Hons) FRACGP
Ms Rachael Ball, BPharm MPH
NWMPHN has made every effort to ensure that, at the date of release, this module is free from any errors and that advice and information drawn upon have been provided in good faith. Neither NWMPHN nor any person or organisation associated with the preparation of this module accepts liability for any loss which the user of this module may suffer as a result of reliance on the module and in particular for:
- use of the module for a purpose for which it was not intended,
- any errors or omissions in the module,
- any inaccuracy in the information or data on which the module is based or which are contained in the module,
- any interpretation or opinions stated in, or which may be inferred from, the module.
1 / 39